Prepare your talent for their video shoot
Prior to your video shoot, we recommend contacting any Subjects you'll be recording to go over the steps they can take to prepare for the shoot ahead of time:
Optimize the Subject's Computer
The Subject should do the following in the day(s) before a shoot:
- Update their computer's operating system.
- Update their browser to the latest version (Chrome or Firefox)
- Clear the Cache of the browser
The Subject should do the following the day of the shoot, prior to recording:
- Disable any personal firewalls or VPNs.
- Close out any other software and all additional browser tabs.
- Connect to WIFI or fastest internet available (3mb/s internet upload & download recommended)
Webcam uploads begin immediately when you hit "stop" recording. The Subject cannot exit or close the browser. They must remain in the browser tab until all uploads have completed.
Pro Tip: Optimize uploading with shorter video clips.
To ensure none of your individual clips run long, we suggest pausing the recording at natural stopping point (e.g in between interview questions) and then start a new recording. This will let the video files be uploaded during the shoot and reduce time spent uploading at end of shoot. We recommend clips under 10-15 minutes for webcam recordings.
Entering a Webcam Session as a Subject
Below are prep sheets that can be sent to your webcam Subjects ahead of time.