Prepare your talent for their video shoot
Prior to your video shoot it may be a GREAT idea to schedule a 10 minute phone call with the person you are filming to go over the things they can do to prepare for the shoot ahead of time.
Optimize the Subject's Computer
The Subject should do the following in the day(s) before a shoot:
- Update their computer's operating system.
- Update their browser to the latest version (Chrome or Firefox)
- Clear Cache of the browser
The Subject should do the following day-of, just prior to the shoot:
- Disable any personal firewalls or VPNs.
- Close out any other software and close out any additional browser tabs.
- Connect to WIFI or fastest internet available (3mb/s internet upload & download)
Webcam uploads begin immediately when you hit "stop" recording. The Subject can *not* exit or close the browser. They must remain in the browser tab until all uploads have completed.
Pro Tip: Optimize uploading with shorter video clips.
Stop recording at natural pauses (typically in between questions) and start a new recording - the video files will upload during the shoot and reduce time spent uploading at end of shoot. We recommend clips under 10-15 minutes for webcam recordings.
Entering a Webcam Session as a Subject
Feel free to send these prep sheets to your webcam Subjects ahead of time.