Tips for getting the highest quality experience on the OpenReel Platform
Before logging into OpenReel as a director, collaborator, or subject, ensure that your computer is set up correctly.
- Supported Browser: All participants logging into OpenReel via computer must use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If using a Mac that is running MacOS Catalina, users should use Firefox to ensure best performance. Be sure that your browser is up to date prior to beginning the session.
- Video Conferencing Softwares: Force quit any video conferencing applications on any computer before joining an OpenReel session. Having video conferencing applications open while in an OpenReel session can lead to issues communicating during the video shoot, loss of connection to OpenReel, and audio and/or visual issues on recorded footage.
- Other Applications: Quit or close any other browser tabs, softwares, or applications that are not needed, before joining the recording session.
- Check Internet Connection: Directors, collaborators, and subjects are required to have both upload and download speeds of at least 3 mb/s. A poor or dropped internet connection can result in a user being disconnected from the session unexpectedly.
- Updated Computer OS: Before entering an OpenReel session, confirm that your computer's operating system (OS) is up-to-date.
- Close out of any VPNs: Using a VPN will cause an issue for your computer when connecting to the OpenReel session. Our platform will not be able to read your device properly since the VPN will be constantly changing the network while being paired into the session.