Our Exact Process We Use For Filming Through A Phone/Tablet
Doing a video shoot is as simple as executing the 5 Basic Steps outlined in this article here.
Once you're comfortable with the platform there are a ton of other features you can be using. We've included a checklist below on the steps to take during your video shoots.
Feel free to take this checklist and make it your own! Add & omit steps as you see fit, and start building your own unique process from here!
DAY OF SHOOT CHECKLIST
1 - Create Session
2 - Call talent to start, and mention:
- Confirm talent is ready
- Have they downloaded OR Capture App?
- Confirm phone is Connected to WIFI
- Turn on Do Not Disturb
- Share Session ID
- Hang up call before talent presses “Join”
After this point you are communicating with your subject VIA OR Capture
3 - Subject Pairs Phone to App
- Confirm Upload speed is >3MB/S
- If connection is slow, check System Log to ensure they are connected to WIFI (PDF on gdrive)
4 - Frame Shot
- Start with Tripod 3-4 Feet away from subject, Camera should be at or just about eye level, subject should be several feet from all behind them (4-5 feet).
5 - Plug in Microphone
- Check System Log: Make sure mic is registered as plugged in
6 - Test Recording
- Record & Upload a 10 second test video to check audio and ensure shot is framed well, share with team if necessary.
- NOTE: If you are using an external microphone, you will only hear audio through the external mic DURING a recording. Between recordings, the subject's audio comes through the built-in microphone.
7 - Change Resolution
8 - Load Script to Teleprompter (if applicable)
9 - Turn on Admin Talkback (if applicable - subject is using external microphone)
10 - Record All Footage
- During recording keep track of best takes to use
11 - Upload Footage