Upload videos from an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to access them within your OpenReel platform
After a video is recorded, it is saved in temporary storage on a Subject's phone. In order to transfer the video from the Subject's phone to the Director's account, it must be uploaded. Once an upload completes, it is deleted from the Subject's phone. The Director now has access to view or download the video right from their platform.
How To Upload Files from iOS Devices
The Director will initiate the upload from the recorded videos section of the platform.
Upload One Video at a Time
- 3 Dots Menu: Underneath ‘Recorded Videos’ the Director will see a list of all the recordings they have done in a Session. Navigate to the ‘3 dots menu’ located at the right side of each video recording. Click on the 3 dots next to the video that needs to be uploaded.
- Upload: From selecting the 3 dots, a pop up menu will appear. Select the ‘Upload’ option.
- Video Progress: Now the upload process is taking place. The Director will see the progress under the ‘Status’ column. Statuses are: Uploading>Queued>Creating Preview>Ready.
- Upload Complete: Once a video has completely uploaded and the playback preview is generated, the Director will see the status as 'Ready.' The Director can preview the video by clicking on the 3 dots and selecting ‘Play’. The video can be downloaded directly to the Director’s computer from within the session and can also be found in the Storage page.
Upload Many Videos At Once:
- Upload All: Instead of having to manually upload each video recording, the Director can select the ‘Upload All’ button (the blue cloud icon), located next to the Recorded Videos title, to upload all the video recordings. The files will still upload 1 file at a time, starting from smallest to largest file.
- Upload Progress: Once ‘Upload All’ has been initiated the upload process for all the video recordings will start. The Director will see the upload progress for each video recording under the ‘Status’ column, and they will upload one at a time.
- Upload Complete: Once all the videos have completely uploaded the Director will see under the Status column, ‘Ready’. The Director can preview the video by clicking on the 3 dots and selecting ‘Play’. Now the video is ready to be downloaded directly to the Director’s computer and can be found in the Storage page of the Session.
How To Upload Files from Webcam Devices
The Webcam Subject will see on their browser screen, a pop up notification indicating that an upload is taking place.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Webcam Subject needs to keep their browser tab open until the video file’s status shows 'Queued’ or ‘Ready’ in the OpenReel Session. The Director will be able to see the video file’s status underneath the ‘Status’ column in the Recorded Videos section. The Webcam Subject can not exit out of their webpage/browser during an upload because this will result in losing the video recording.
Once the recording the is done - The Director will see in the Recorded Videos section that the video recording is being uploaded, and they can see the status of the upload under the ‘Status’ column. Once the status states, ‘Completed’ the video recording is ready to be downloaded.
Upload While Recording
You can record a video and upload completed videos simultaneously. You will not corrupt any footage while uploading from the phone in the middle of a recording. This is a helpful process if the device is low on storage. You can free up space by uploading the files as you are recording.
Note: If the phone is low on battery, do not upload while you’re recording as that will use up the battery faster. In this situation, we recommend recording everything first, then having the Subject plug their phone in to charge before you initiate uploads.