If you need to record 2+ Subjects using external mics, without headphones or AirPods, who need to hear each other and have a conversation, use the workflow in this article! If you are recording a subject with AirPods and an external mic please view the Professional Audio article for this workflow.
Tips for Facilitating This Setup
External Conference Line
All participants in the Session call into a conference line on a separate device, including Subjects and/or Collaborators, and the Director.
Director and Collaborator Set Up:
- Equipment: On computer with headphones.
- Secondary Device paired into the Conference
- Mute themselves in OpenReel
- Mutes on conference line to not create audio feedback (on speaker phone)
Subjects 2-4 (Subjects on iPhone w/ lav mic) Set Up:
- iPhone with lav mic connected to OpenReel platform
- Secondary device called into conference line
Now we have our Subjects on an external conference line able to hear each other; an audio feedback loop is prevented; and you can proceed with your high quality recording!