Send this to your talent prior to filming
Prepare your talent for their iPhone/iPad video shoot
Prior to your video shoot it may be a GREAT idea to schedule a quick call with the person you are filming to go over the things they can do to prepare for the shoot ahead of time.
1. Confirm Contact Information
- Phone Number and Email (this is how you can reach them at the beginning and after your shoot if necessary)
- Shipping Address (if you will be sending your subject equipment)
2. Phone Prep
3. Location Scouting
Does your subject have a place in mind for filming? Mention these points to help them choose the best location:
- Natural & Adjustable Light
- WIFI (WIFI connection is preferred as it is typically stronger, but can also film using data. We need a minimum of 3 mb/s for upload speeds)
- Minimal Background Noise
- Will your subject be using a script?
- Request they send it to you prior to filming so that you can load it to the teleprompter.
- If possible pair in your own device in the same session room prior to the subject joining so you can format the script and test out the speed
- HOT TIP: ( 150 written word is roughly 1 minute video)
- Are there any assets you need from the client prior to creating the final video? Name, Company, Title for lower third, etc.
- Get these from your subject before hand to streamline post-production.
6. Schedule Video Shoot Date & Time
- Send calendar invite to your Subject and any Collaborators who will be joining your shoot
Downloadable PDF for iOS Device Subjects
These are great visual documents to send to your client before hand to streamline prep! Feel free to send these or reformat them to cater to your specific needs.
BEST PRACTICES FOR FILMING REMOTE
TECH PREP FOR IPHONE AND IPAD RECORDINGS