By default, every Director only has access to Projects and Sessions that they have created, so if your account has multiple Director logins, you may find it useful to add your fellow Directors to Projects and Sessions.
When You Should Add Directors
Add Directors to your Project:
- When they need to be able to create Sessions in that Project
- When they need to add scripts to a Project
Add Directors to your Session:
- When you want them to join you in a Session
- When they need to start a Session without you being present
- So they can access files recorded during a Session
How to add a Director to a Project or Session:
When creating a Project:
- Click New Project
- Under Invite Team Members, add your fellow Directors who need access by clicking Add
- Click Start and Invite.
From a Project's dashboard:
- Click the "Project Members" icon.
- Search for and select the teammates that you want to add to the Project by clicking "Add" by each of their names.
- Click Save.
When creating a Session:
- Click the blue Plus button on your Project dashboard
- Under the Invite Project Members section, search for and find your fellow Directors and click Add by the ones who need access to the Session. Note: A Director does not need to be a Project Member to be added to a Session.
- Click Create Session.
From within a Session:
- Click Send Invite.
- Scroll down to the bottom portion of that window.
- Search for any Directors who need access to the Session and click Add by their names.
- Close the window.
For accounts that have many Director user seats, you can create Teams to easily filter and group the users to quickly find them to add to Projects and Sessions.
Follow these instructions to set up Teams. This workflow is especially useful for accounts that have 10+ Director logins and/or groups of Directors who often work together on the same Projects or Sessions.
Create a Team
- Hover over the left hand side of the Dashboard and click Settings.
- Within Settings, click the Team Members tab.
- Toward the middle right of the Team Members page click Create New Team.
- Within the Create a New Team page name your Team.
- Find and add the relevant Team Members.
- Click Create and invite.
Now these users are part of the Team you've created, so when you search for this Team, you are essentially filtering the list of available Team Members.
Use Teams to Find and Add Directors to Projects
When creating a Project or editing a Project from its dashboard, you can select the relevant team from the Teams dropdown. Selecting a specific team will filter your users to just those Team Members. Click Add by each one who needs access to the Project.
These team members have been given access to the Project. You must now give them access to the Session so they can join the Session
Use Teams to Find and Add Directors to Sessions
Following a similar process to the one above, you can easily filter and add fellow teammates to a Session either when you create a new Session or from within the Send Invite window inside a Session.
Once you add the Director teammates who need access, they will be able to join the Session with or without your presence!